2 port 802.3bt Gigabit PoE extender is an economic and convenient solution to help IP devices get Gigabit network and high power supplying beyond 100 meters.
Used with 95W PoE injector and connecting it to your main network and power hungry IP devices can easily manage PoE distance limitation even at outdoor harsh environment with its distinguished waterproof design and simple plug and play installation.
Outdoor 2 port 802.3bt Gigabit PoE extender is designed to repeat power and data without breaking IEEE 802.3 standard and affecting the data transmission performance. This is a low-cost solution for outdoor high power IP device deployments that requires long-distance runs, such as PoE IP cameras, desktop phones, Wi-Fi access points, or other low voltage devices.
The aluminum IK10 vandal proof housing and IP67 waterproof design allow the PoE Network extender working under outdoor harsh environment and provide a longer use life. It is able to be directly buried under the ground.
The PoE Extender supports 60W IEEE802.3bt standard, so it is capable of supplying a maximum of 30W output for single port and extending it for 100m over single Ethernet cable (Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6). With daisy chain 4 units, it can extend for a total distance of up to 500m (1640 ft.), and 1000 Mbps gigabit transmission is available.
The extender features in easy installation and no requirement of extra power supply, and it is used between power source equipment (PSE) and a powered device (PD). There are two ports for you if you have the demand for supporting 2 remote IP devices. The PoE extender provides convenient wall mountable design for installation flexibility.
* The table list shown here is for your reference only. The actual performance should be related to your enviornment.
* 95W PoE++ injector was connected to PoE input port to perform the test above.
How it Works
*Click the tag to view the products detail
- Supports total PoE budget up to 60 watts
- Compatible with the IEEE 802.3af/at/bt PoE standard
- Transparent to network protocols
- Daisy Chain PoE Network Extension up to 500m (1640 ft.)
- Plug and Play, easy cabling Installation
- No required external power supply
- Supports transmission speeds of 1000 Mbps
- Complete and reliable waterproof design
- Durable vandal-proof metal housing
- Intelligent power allocation
- Convenient wall mountable design
- Straight-buried device
- Ports Number of Ports: 1 port PoE in, 2 ports PoE out
- Electrical Characteristics Standard:IEEE802.3af, IEEE802.3at, IEEE802.3bt (PoE input only)
- Standards and Regulatory Standards: IEEE-802.3at PoE+ / PSE
- Ordering Information PoE Extender Outdoor: 5540-60
- Download Datasheet
Data Rate: 10/100/1000 BaseTX
Transmission Media: 10BaseT Cat. 5 UTP / 100BaseTX Cat. 5 UTP / 1000BASE-TX: UTP category5e cable
PoE input: 1/2(-), 3/6(+) or 7/8(-), 4/5(+) or 4 pair for IEEE802.3bt
PoE output:1/2(-), 3/6(+)
Max. Power Output single port: 30 W
Connectors: Shielded RJ45, EIA 568A and 568B
Network cables: Shielded category 5 (or higher)
Surge Protection:Differential mode±4KV, Common mode±6KV
Electrostatic standard:Contact 6KV,air 8KV
Weather Rating: IP67
Vandal Proof: IK10
Dimensions (H x W x D):150*73*44mm
Operating Temperature: -20°C ~ 60°C
Storage Temperature: -40°C ~ 80°C
Humidity: 10 to 90% RH (non-condensing)
IEEE 802.3 10BaseT
IEEE 802.3u 100BaseTX
IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
Regulatory: CE, FCC Class A
- Q:Can I connect PoE Ethernet Extender to NO-PoE devices?
- Q:If the PoE camera is 100m away from me, can I extend the distance for both power and Ethernet data through this device?
- Q:can you chain multiple to extend additional 100 Meters?
- Q:How much wattage can the extender output
- Q:Can you direct bury?
- Q:Does this apply to the basic Ethernet calculated from the router?
- Q:Where to place the extender if I want 150 meters in total?
- Q:Will this work with usb to ethernet extender adapters?
A:Yes, the PoE Ethernet Extender can repeat the network for both NO-PoE and PoE Devices. The extender will send only data when it detects NO-PoE device is connected. It is perfectly safe.
A:Yes. One PoE extender increases the transmission distance of Ethernet data and PoE power up to 100 meters with a Cat5 cable, which means you will have 200 meters PoE network in total.
A:Yes,It can, But preferably no more than 5 units. Means that it can be extended by 500 meters.The connection form is: poe switch/poe injector→poe extender→poe extender→poe extender→poe extender→poe extender→IP camera.
A:Single port output can reach 30W, two port outputs can reach 60W at the same time if it works with 95W PoE injector.
A:Do you mean to bury it directly in the soil? Yes, this PoE extender is IP67 waterproof and can be used outdoors and directly bury.
A:This applies to any Ethernet, any data transfer. It is transparent to the network protocols.
A:We recommend you place the extender at the middle. It will be 75 meters in this case.
A:Sorry, it can’t work with USB Connectors.
+ What is included
- 1. PoE extender
- 2. Screws
- 3.Ground cable
- 4. Waterproof cap
- 5. User Guide
Do you have any questions or concerns?
PoE Ethernet Extension Solution
Now that you are planning your network system for some long distanced network devices or your existing network system requires network extension or upgrading to make network devices at long distance work, you may sometimes confront with a dilemma that there is no network and power available or hard to get around the deployment area, because actually no matter how considerate before you finish the cabling design, some unexpected situation called for network to work in location that is a little bit far from the main network control center still can happen occasionally in the future. Then you are trying to find solution to make your remote network device get sufficient power and network without complicated new cabling deployment or especially adding some expensive equipment. Here is the right place to get some idea. Read more
Tips for Using Network Extender
PoE extender is one of the most cost-effective and reliable methods of providing power and network to a IP device (IP camera) at an extended distance. PoE extender is a kind of device which is used to extend the distance of cable. PoE (power over Ethernet), is a technology that can transport data and power over single Ethernet cable. When using network extenders, something you should keep in mind. In this article, we will provide some tips for you. Read more