8 port Industrial Hardened PoE Switch is a rational investment of PoE+ power and gigabit Ethernet extension in multi powered devices fiber network system.
Adding this switch, you can connect more than one remote powered devices in the same area without dealing with dedicated electrical AC outlets issue. Industrial grade, wide range input power, and build-in SFP slots provide great flexibility and convenience for long distance PDs deployment.
The Fastcabling Industrial Hardened PoE Switch is designed for long-distance stable power and data extension, providing stable performance and great flexibility for Gigabit Ethernet long distance extension without affecting the data.
The industrial PoE switch is ideal for hardened environment, withstanding wide range operating temperature from-40℃ to 75 ℃. It can be deployed at outdoor, climatically demanding and other harsh environments in a rugged IP30 metal housing.
It accepts a wide range input power from 24V to 55V DC which means power supply unit can be deployed closed to the switch or a little bit far away. Comply with IEEE 802.3at PoE+ standard, delivering 30W output power for high power applications.
Its installation is easy by using Ethernet cable to transmit power and data simultaneously, eliminating the need of dedicated electrical AC outlets on any unreachable places.
The industrial PoE switch is with two build-in SFP slots, providing a flexible way by using fiber to extend long distance. The distance can be extended from 550 meters (multi-mode fiber) to 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/120 kilometers (single-mode fiber or WDM fiber).
+ How it works
- 1. 5838-72 Industrial Hardened PoE Switch works with a media converter can reach fiber link.
- 2. There are 4 PoE ports and 2 built-in SFP fiber ports in 5538-65 switch, PoE ports is for data and power out, and SFP fiber port is for fiber optical signal in.
- 3. Connect media converter’s RJ45 to the back-end main network. 5838-72 switch’s PoE ports connect to the front-end IP devices with Ethernet cable. 10/100/1000 data transmission is available.
- 4. Plug duplex SFP modules (SFP transceivers) into the SFP fiber port so that the network signal or fiber optic signal can be converted.
- 5. Link two fiber ports together with fiber optical cable (multimode or singlemode, reaching a maximum distance of 80km.
- 6. It accepts power input range from 24V to 55V DC. Connect the powerline to the 24-55V DC and Plug the power adaptor to AC outlets.
- Long-distance power and network extension
- Fiber-optical link capability
- Wide range operating temperature, -40℃ to 75 ℃
- Convenient and reliable power system
- Safe and easy PoE network deployment
- Supports PoE+ Power up to 30 watts output of each port
- Up to 8 IEEE 802.3af/at devices powered
- DIN Rail and Wall Mount Design
- Click here to open Datasheet in PDF
|Networking Interfaces||(8) 10/100/1000 Mbps PoE Ports|
(2) 1 Gbps SFP Ethernet Ports
|Management Interface||Plug & Play|
|MAC Address Table||4K，Automatic study, automatic updates|
|Jumbo frame||9216 Bytes|
|Packet buffer||1.5M bit|
|LEDs Per Port||PWR, LNK/ACT, PoE|
|ESD/EMP Protection||Air: ± 10 kV, Contact: ± 8 kV|
|Surge Protection||Different mode ±4 kv, Common mode ±6 kv|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C ~ 75 °C|
|Operating Humidity||10% ~ 90% non-condensing|
|Certifications||CE, FCC, IC|
|PoE Interfaces||PoE+ IEEE 802.3af/at (Pins 1, 2+; 3, 6-)|
|Max. PoE+ Wattage per Port by PSE||32W|
|Voltage Range 802.3at Mode||55V|
- Q: Is the Harden Grade PoE switch’s SFP 1,000gb?
- Q: Does it automatically adjust the wattage of each port?
- Q: Does the hardened PoE switch only support single mode fiber?
- Q: Can it be powered by a higher level PoE switch?
- Q: Does this switch support T568A or B?
A: No, both SFP and RJ45 ports are 1GB.
A: Yes. It also depends on your front-end PoE device. If the front-end PoE device is compatible with IEEE802.3at standard, the hardened PoE switch can supply maximum 30W.
A: Both single mode and multi mode can be used with Hardened PoE switch. The SFP module determines type of the fiber optical cable.
A: No, it must be powered by the DC power supply which ranges from DC24V-DC55V. The power supply unit can be deployed closed to the switch or a little bit far away as the flexible power input is accepted.
A: T568A/B is a wiring standard, not a device standard. If you are making cables, make sure you use the same standard on both ends. If you are purchasing cables you have nothing to worry about, just plug and play.
+ What is included
- 1. 8 port Industrial Hardened PoE Switch
- 2. User Guide
+ Related Product
- 4 port Industrial Hardened PoE Switch 5838-65
- Fast Industrial Hardened Compact Ethernet Media Converter 5837-26
Do you have any questions or concerns?
Deliver power together with fiber optic cable
Nowadays, with the fast development of advanced PoE fiber optic devices, fiber optic link has become a crucial application in Ethernet networking system for small-to-medium sized business like hotel, hospital or even home usage. The fiber optic link is accomplished by using fiber optic cable between devices. Today, we are going to instruct you some ways to help your IP devices get sufficient power efficiently and safely, especially focus on ways to send power together with fiber optic cable.Read more
Industrial PoE Solution
Fastcabling industrial PoE solution are suitable for various applications, including factory automation, oil and gas, mining, transportation, substation, energy and outdoor applications of railways, roads, tunnels, smart cities, city surveillance and traffic monitoring.Read more