30W 802.3at PoE+ Midspan Injector can add the power to Ethernet cable and transmit with data to front-end IP devices so that PoE system can be set up.
There is no need to buy an expensive PoE switch or install electrical wiring and outlets in hard to reach locations. Both power and data are running over signal Ethernet cable which makes the installation convenient and cost-saving.
This injector meets IEEE 802.3at PoE+ standard, which can provide gigabit network and 25.5W output after 100 meter transmission. It satisfies high power applications including the infrared IP PTZ camera, cellular base station etc. It can power both existing 10/100Base-T network devices and emerging wireless 1000Base-T devices such as WiMAX and wireless IEEE 802.11 access points. This injector is also backward compatible with PoE IEEE802.3af which is usually implemented in low power consumption IP devices such as fixed IP camera, access point.
PoE Adapters are highly reliable, providing surge protection to help protect against electrostatic discharge (ESD) events. Reduce the need for extra outlets and extension cables, and save deployment cost and labor efforts. It is easy to implement leveraging your existing Ethernet infrastructure.
The PoE injector is transparent to the network protocols and Mac address. With plug-and-play operation, you can enjoy fast and hassle-free setup without disrupting your workflow. You can integrate this compact injector discreetly into a variety of environments, such as walls or under a desk, but it’s also palm-sized, for use on desktop surfaces.
+ How it works
- 1. The 5720-14 PoE injector has two ports, one is for “Data In”, the other is for “PoE Out”. (“Data In” is Data Input; “PoE Out” is Power and data Output.)
- 2. Connect the “Data In” port to one of the Ethernet switch ports with a 1000BASE-T UTP cable, the data can be transmitted to the injector.
- 3.There is a DC power port on the other side, plug the power cord (included) into the nearest AC outlet, the injector gets power and starts working.
- 4. Connect the “PoE Out” port to any standard PoE or PoE+ front-end devices with a 1000BASE-T UTP with PoE cable.
- 5. Power and data simultaneously delivers to your PoE or non-PoE powered devices which need high power input.
- Create an integrated PoE and non-PoE Gigabit network
- Light weight and compact size offer flexible installation
- Output power up to 30W over 100 meters (328ft) UTP
- Full Duplex 10/100/1000 Gigabit speeds
- Backward compatible with IEEE 802.3 at/af PoE
- Safeguards network devices with short circuit protection
- Plug & Play, No configuration required
- Click here to open Datasheet in PDF
|Networking Interfaces||(1) 10/100/1000 Mbps PoE Ports|
(1) 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet Ports
|PSE Power on RJ-45||Data Pairs 1/2(+),3/6(-)|
|Power Method||100-240VAC/50-60 Hz, Universal Input|
|Power Supply||AC/DC, Internal|
|LEDs Per Port||AC (Power), Port (PoE)|
|ESD/EMP Protection||Air: ± 6 kV, Contact: ± 4 kV|
|Surge Protection||Different mode ±4 kv, Common mode ±6 kv|
|Operating Temperature||-0°C ~ 40 °C|
|Operating Humidity||5% ~ 90% non-condensing|
|Certifications||CE, FCC, IC|
|Voltage Range||55V DC|
- Q: Does the injector need to be plugged in the power?
- Q: Can I use one network cable to supply power and data or will I need two network cables?
- Q: Can I connect a normal POE device to a POE+ port of this switch?
- Q: Can the injector be used in the extreme environment?
- Q: Do I need a PoE injector for each IP camera I need to connect and power?
A: Yes, one PoE injector for one IP camera.
A: Yes, the injector need to be plugged in a power outlet. That is how the Ethernet cable getting the power from.
A: One network cable. The injector will add the power to the same cable you were using to transport the data.
A: Yes, this injector is back-forward compatible with PoE. The injector will detect current feedback from normal PoE device to determine whether it is PoE or PoE+.
A: No, the working temperature is 0℃~40℃. However, the industrial-grade splitter can be used in the extreme environment outdoor.
+ Technical Drawing
+ What is included
- 1. 30W 802.3at PoE+ Midspan Injector
- 2. User guide
Do you have any questions or concerns?
PoE Ethernet Extension Solution
Now that you are planning your network system for some long distanced network devices or your existing network system requires network extension or upgrading to make network devices at long distance work, you may sometimes confront with a dilemma that there is no network and power available or hard to get around the deployment area, because actually no matter how considerate before you finish the cabling design, some unexpected situation called for network to work in location that is a little bit far from the main network control center still can happen occasionally in the future. Then you are trying to find solution to make your remote network device get sufficient power and network without complicated new cabling deployment or especially adding some expensive equipment. Here is the right place to get some idea. Read more