Fiber PoE Extender is a practical device to transmit high power and gigabit network in long distance fiber network system by eliminating dedicated AC outlet.
Use this extender with suitable PSU, allowing the users to flexibly deploy PoE powered devices with fiber optic connection for long-distance installations. Power surge protection and IEEE 802.3at standard guarantee safe and reliable power and data transmission for high powered devices.
The Fiber PoE extender could deal with distance limitation and power supply problem by working with a close power supply over fiber optic cable to get much longer distance deployment, and provide PoE to IP powered device for extra 100m, transmitting data and power over single Ethernet cable for two IP powered devices, such as IP camera, VoIP phone, wireless APs etc, especially at locations where are out of available AC outlets or unreachable.
It is available with 1 Gigabit SFP slot, 2 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet PoE+ ports. So it can be used as an fiber‑to‑Ethernet converter or used in pair to create fiber optic link. Each RJ45 port supports both 30W PoE+ IEEE802.3at and 14.4W IEEE802.3af compliant powered devices, delivering PoE+ (30 Watt) output power to supply high powered IP devices.
PoE connection via single Ethernet cable saves cost and time on wire cabling, which allows the users finish installation with simple plug and play. Both DIN-Rail and Wall-mount are ready for installing in tight spots like structured wiring enclosures.
Excellent electrical surge protection to against lightning and other power surges. We can also provide qualified power supply unit, industrail SFP transceiver and waterproof enclosure to enhance using life and operation reliability of the device.
+ How it works
- 1. There are 3 terminal ports, 2 RJ45 ports and one SFP fiber port. RJ45 ports are for data and power in or out, and SFP fiber port is for fiber optic signal in or out.
- 2. Generally, 5850-51 fiber PoE extender can work with any fiber media converter or fiber switch.
- 3. Plug in two SFP fiber modules (SFP transceivers) so that the electric signal or fiber optic signal can be converted.
- 4. Link two fiber ports together with fiber optical cable(multimode or single mode, reaching a maximum distance of 80km.)
- 5. Connect fiber PoE externder’s RJ45 port to one or two IP devices with Ethernet cable. 10/100/1000Mbps data transmission is available.
- 6. 5850-51 fiber PoE extender needs DC48V external power supply. A long distance fiber optic link is done.
- Gigabit Ethernet network extension and expansion
- Support both PoE+ and PoE for 2 IP devices
- Easy fiber optic link
- Auto-negotiation of data rates and duplex modes
- Plug and play installation
- Enhanced surge protection
- Compact metal casing with wall mount facility
+ What is included
- 1. 2 port Fiber PoE Extender
- 2. DC 48V 60W Power Supply
- 3. User Guide
Product CatalogFASTCABLING Product Catalog—LAN Switch
Product SpecificationDatasheet 5850-51 2 port Fiber PoE Extender
Do you have any questions or concerns?
Fiber Optic Cable Solution for Security IP cameras
Today, we will mainly focus on the connecting ways by using fiber products from Fastcabling to settle down long distance IP cameras deployment problem. If you are confronting with similar situation or interested in the connecting ways, please keep reading. Read more